Tuesday, August 28, 2012

backpack

Photo by Jordan Henrion
Ever since we took our weekend escape to Montreal, i've been wishing for a backpack.  I know, how hipster of me.... But I like to think that this interest in a smallish backpack as the perfect vacation carryall goes back a little further than this season's Urban Outfitters catalogue.

Around this time last year, I took an incredible trip to Beijing and one of my co-travelers had this fantastic red backpack. Not only did it look fresh and cute with everything she wore, it was also the perfect size for a DSLR camera and a multitude of other travel essentials while keeping her pretty much unencumbered for activities like hiking the Great Wall.

D. and I definitely take an 'out for the day' approach to vacations where we head out mid-morning not to return until after dark and schlep with us everything we collect along the way (most recently a dozen onion bagels from Fairmount in Montreal). So you see where I'm going, we need a backpack. Bonus points if it's masculine enough that D. feels as comfortable carrying it as I do.

So here's a quick round up of a few favorites - maybe useful for a few of you that will soon be lugging books back to school. For me, I'm dreaming of the next adventure we'll take our new bag on.


O'Hanlon Mills Textbook Backpack from Urban Outfitters


Seil Marschall Premium Day Backpack from Mr. Porter

Herschel Parker Pack from Herschel Supply Co. 


Engineer Striped Canvas Backpack from Poketo
Washed Gray Backpack by Qwstion

Classic Backpack by Herschel at Need Supply Co.

Snap Backpack from Everlane

Bonobo Series Backpack on Amazon



Classic Jansport Clarkson Backpack from Tilly's


Zip Backpack from Everlane