Monday, April 8, 2013

kitchen rug

Photo by Flickr user farrcol
Recently I have been inspired by pictures of beautiful kitchens on Pinterest with dramatic orientals and kilims spread across the floor. These rugs, typically more suited for a living room or bedroom look luxurious in a kitchen especially on such beautiful wood floors.

Photo by Grey Crawford for High Gloss
Photo Pieter Estersohn for Elle Decor
I'm not sure that such a design choice would have the same effect in my dark little cave of a kitchen - white tile floors and blonde laminate cabinetry to boot. Still, I'm more than sick of our little sink rug and am wondering if something like this could be exactly what the room needs to make me love it more?

What do you think of these options?






 All of these rugs are from the Home Decorators Collection. You can find them here: 1/2/3/4