Wednesday, January 26, 2011

tea time

tea
From Flickr user Zsolt Kudar

The weather in D.C. today is positively dreary, slushy, snowy, damp and cold. It's afternoons like these that I'm desperately in need of a warm cuppa.

Having married a Brit - there's plenty of passion for tea in this house, but it typically comes during a lazy weekend morning in a pot of asaam with milk and sugar.

For afternoons I want something a little more flowery and fragrant, but sometimes it's hard to try new teas. Nothing is worse than picking up a whole box only to try one cup and pitch the whole thing out - I'm looking at you Tazo Vanilla Rooibus.

So here are a few of my favorites, I hope you'll share some of yours to add some variety to my gray day tea time.

Marco Polo by Mariage Fréres - Available at Dean and Deluca

Paris tea by Harney & Sons - available online from Harney & Sons


Numi Monkey King Jasmine Green Tea - available at most grocery stores


Tazo Joy Tea from Starbucks - I'm not sure if they still carry it :(


As mentioned in my gift guide - Aveda Comfort Tea - perfect before bed


One of my other favorite teas ever is the sadly discontinued Golden Honey Darjeeling from Celestial Seasonings, I managed to snag a case before they disappeared entirely and I'm still enjoying it.

So tea drinkers? Any favorites?