Wednesday, February 2, 2011

love poster

From Martha Stewart Weddings
I adore this idea from Martha Stewart Weddings to have friends and family sign a pretty print instead of a guest book. I wish we had seen this before traveling down the path of a dozen different mini-books that received minimal loving throughout the night (not that we don't treasure what was written there).

This reminds me of some of the gorgeous contemporary ketubahs, I have seen. I loved the idea of a ketubah - a Jewish prenuptial agreement hung in the home as a sort of daily reminder of their vows. In the final moments before our wedding, I looked for some sort of non-denominational equivalent and came up short.

For my nearly-wed friends - this is something I would love to have. Martha has a downloadable version available, but artistic brides could easily come up with their own artwork - and the whole thing is shown here in an Ikea frame.

Simple - perfect.