Friday, February 18, 2011

Surprise Trips

Image Pinned From

So I'm taking a little surprise trip to New York this morning for work and will be there through next Wednesday. After finding out mid-morning yesterday, the afternoon was a flurry of getting everything in order to leave town - work-wise, clothing-wise, brain-wise. I'm a big planner, a consumate list-maker and not always the best at spontaneous. Combined with our utter neglect of the dry-cleaning for the past few weeks, the biggest pickle was deciding what to pack. I guess that's probably always my biggest problem.

With two days of bigger work events (read: suits) and three days with the potential for varying degrees of business attire, I cobbled things together after a quick trip to Banana Republic that was less than inspiring.

So here's my big question - and I really want to hear from you. What do you pack? Do you dress differently when you travel? Teach me your magic no-fail formula that has you covered for every possible occasion and this week's forecast which will range from upper 60's today to rain to potentially snow on Tuesday.

Are you one of the people who packs complete outfits - or a bunch of separate pieces that you hope to sort out on the other end?


Posting could be a little sporadic over the next few days - but I'll try to keep you updated on my NY adventure. To my big apple friends, I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!!