Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stephanie K Clark


I adore the embroidered dwellings created by artist, Stephanie K. Clark. I love all of her work, but something about these...so great, especially the trailers and RVs. From the complex shading of the central image to the backgrounds loosely outlined with wandering black thread - there's not a detail missed.

From Stephanie:

"I consider myself a painter and I paint with thread...The embroidery floss is my palette and the needle is my paintbrush. I create a method of embroidering the threads in an arrangement that would initially create value, color, depth and as I lay the colors down they instantly blend themselves... Depending on what fabric I’m embroidering on, is compared to a certain kind of paint. When I embroider on canvas it feels like oils; it flows, it blends, and it’s rich. When I embroider on loose shear or silk, it’s like a watercolor; its delicate, the thread goes where it wants to go, and it moves with the fabric. My work blurs the lines between fine art and craft."

Check out all of Stephanie's work on her website.












Also - obsessed with this shark!